Thursday, November 6, 2014

709. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I think I may have mentioned my love for most things oat.
In cookie form, I have on this blog oatmeal cookies, oatmeal m&m cookies, and now as a natural following step, these oatmeal raisin cookies.

Everyone who has tasted these cookies loved them. I especially favor them dunked in hot milk or even tea or coffee.
I opted for brown flour instead of white, and I completely made the cookies in my beloved food processor.
Other than that, the recipe comes from the under-appreciated allrecipes.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups brown flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins


Method:

Preheat oven to 375F. 
In a food processor, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. 
Add the eggs and vanilla and blitz again until combined. 
Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and oats; blitz until large crumbs have formed that come together when pinched.
Add the raisins and stir by hand until dispersed. 
Form about 40 balls and place onto a baking tray, pressing lightly.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown on the bottom. 
Cool slightly before removing from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.


 صحة و عافية

No comments: