Friday, October 24, 2014

702. Slow Cooker Chicken Lemon Piccata


I love chicken piccata, but with all the batch frying of the chicken, it's almost enough for me to consider making something else.
With my slow cooker, no more!

I literally pop everything in the cooker, forget about it, and by the time I want it, it's done.
I do add just a tad of cornflour at the end to thicken the sauce, and presto.


Ingredients:

450g chicken breast
2 cubes broth
1 1/2 cups water
2 lemons, juice and zest
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
1 head garlic cloves, unpeeled
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp cornflour



Method:

Put all the ingredients except for the cornflour in the slow cooker.
Set on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Just before serving, dissolve the cornflour in a couple tablespoons of water and stir in the chicken.
Continue cooking for a few more minutes until sauce is thickened.
Serve alongside rice or pasta.


صحة و عافية

No comments: