Thursday, September 18, 2014

682. Raw Nuts and Dried Fruit Snack


The other day I was super-busy with no time to sit and eat.

So we passed by a coffee shop and despite my hunger I had no desire for sugary cream-laden drinks, nor heavy fatty cakes or cookies nor messy sandwiches consisting of little filling and all bread.
Then I noticed these little pouches by the check-out counter containing a mix of raw nuts and raisins and sultanas. It was perfect: nutritional, healthy, and forced me to eat slowly.
Then I got thinking that this could be easily made at home and put in small bags to take with me while I'm out, and voila!
Feel free to use what nut/dried fruit mix you like.



Ingredients:

1 cup dried cherries
1 cup whole raw almonds
1 cup walnut halves
1 cup shelled raw pistachio


Method:

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Store in an air-tight jar in a cool dry place.


 صحة و عافية

No comments: