Tuesday, September 3, 2013

454. Pomegranate Eton Dessert


Okay, this is my version of the famous British dessert named Eton Mess. Except that I don't find it particularly appealing to eat something labeled as a mess, so I Arab-ized the dessert and also replaced the term mess with dessert.

How did I Arab-ize the dessert? Well, the Brits commonly use strawberries or raspberries in their Eton Desserts, so I used pomegranate sauce, laced with rosewater instead!
The result was light, airy, decadent, and delicious. The crumbled meringues were just right amongst the creamy silkiness of the rest of the ingredients. This might be how clouds taste.
I made my own meringues, but I understand there are places where it is readily available in stores, so you can go ahead and use those should you be so inclined.


Ingredients:

2 cups whipping cream
1 batch pomegranate sauce
1 batch meringues


Method:

Whip the cold cream to stiff peaks.
Crumble in the meringues, reserving a few for decoration, and delicately fold them in.
Add the pomegranate sauce, and delicately fold that in too, being careful to not knock out the air from the whipped cream.
Pour the dessert into one large serving bowl or several single-portioned bowls, and decorate with the extra meringues.
Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.


صحة و عافية

No comments: