Sunday, May 26, 2013

383. Zaatar Popcorn


I learned how to make popped corn from Donald Duck.
Truly.

Everything is easier after it is understood. Before that episode, I thought popcorn was a manufacturing miracle, and would compare individual popcorns to figure out if they were all made from the same mold or a variety of molds. I was young.
Making popcorn is as simple as knocking it in a covered pot and putting it over heat.
We all know its what you put on the popcorn that will make it or break it.
Zaatar popcorn is a very unusual and exquisitely delicious combination, which even surprised me in its flavor.
You can get your zaatar ready-mix or easily make your own zaatar.



Ingredients:

3 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup dried corn kernels
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp zaatar mix
2-3 Tbsp olive oil



Method:

Place the oil (not the olive oil), salt, and corn kernels in a pot.
Cover the pot and put it over medium heat.
It will soon start to sizzle then it will start popping vehemently.
When it starts to do that, reduce heat to medium-low.
When the popping decreases to about one pop per two seconds, remove from the heat, or it might start to burn.
Carefully uncover so you won't get any surprise pops in your face.
Sprinkle the zaatar over the hot popcorn, drizzle with the olive oil, and toss to distribute.
Serve.



 صحة و عافية

2 comments:

tasteofbeirut said...

funny, I had been thinking of making zaatar popcorn (I am such a zaatar devotee), but I see that you thought of it too! my daughter loves popcorn and i love zaatar.

Maryam said...

Welcome, Welcome!
You just brightened the blog with your visit Joumana!
I always look forward to a post from your blog and have made quite a few recipes to great appreciation and success. Thanks for your visit and for your wonderful blog.