Saturday, June 16, 2012

86. Plum Ice Cream



I was inspired to make my own ice cream, and having some plums on hand, I decided to make some plum ice cream! I suppose this recipe is good for any stone fruit.
Ice cream makers are so affordable to get nowadays and you really don't need anything fancy or high-end at all. I have the kind which you need to freeze the bowl a day before making the ice cream, and I love it! Think of all the possibilities available to make: ice cream, sorbet, fruit, chocolate. low fat, frozen yogurt...



Ingredients:

6 plums (2 1/2 cup chopped)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice








Method:

Boil the chopped plums and the water together for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, add the sugar, and allow to cool to room temperature.
Add the milk, cream, vanilla, and lemon juice, blend them till smooth.
Refrigerate covered several hours or overnight.
Pour the mixture in frozen ice cream maker bowl and press ON.
It will take about an hour to become ice cream.
Freeze covered for storage.


 صحة و عافية

No comments: